Director / Senior Manager / Manager
Marketing / Marketing Communications
Highly experienced, strategic and action-oriented Marketing Communications professional with significant expertise and accomplishment in matrix environments, strategic planning, budgeting, qualitative/quantitative research and creative development
Strong skills in implementing marketing programs for both consumer and B2B that integrate branding, positioning, social media and event planning/management that result in enhanced and measurable audience awareness, acquisition, retention and satisfaction
Exceptional presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills that promote innovative Client/Vendor/Partner and cross-team relationships resulting in actionable and forward-thinking results.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Strategic marketing/branding communications for internal and external audiences, client and vendor relationship management, financial and budgetary oversight and management, driving cost savings while increasing departmental revenue.
Strategy, Project Management, Program Management, Marketing Communications, Social Media, Product Marketing, Leadership, Vendor Management, Strategic Planning, Multi-channel Marketing
Senior Marketing Communications Manager
June 2011 – November 2015 - Puget Sound, WA & Bali, Indonesia
• Increase customer acquisition/retention by developing and implementing strategic planning, value proposition, branding, consumer segmentation, promotions and other targeted marketing efforts (including email campaigns and social media presence) for this Fair Trade retail company.
• Manage participation in over 20 trade and consumer events which resulted in a combined increase in wholesale and retail sales of 42% within first year
• Successfully aligned with domestic and foreign product and design teams resulting in improved positioning around client purchasing trends
Change Management Marketing Communications Manager
Microsoft / COMSYS
2011 – 2011 (less than a year) Redmond, WA
• Co-developed and managed the deployment of a rolling change management framework for the phased transition of enhanced global cloud service and Office 365 offerings for over 2,000 advanced education institutions worldwide
• Created and deployed change management positioning, communications plan and deliverables across multiple work streams and channels (including web page content, direct email, streaming video, podcasts and collateral
• Oversaw all proactive and reactive communications in response to customer, partner and other stakeholder’s needs and issues
Marketing Communications Program Manager
Microsoft Windows Embedded / Compucom
2009 – 2010 (1 year) Redmond, WA
• Spearheaded and managed synchronized communications, licensing and operational deliverables/processes for Microsoft’s Windows Embedded Standard 7 launch events
• Insured accurate and timely communication and reporting for Product Marketing, technical, operational and licensing teams for use across marketing organization
• Provided strong project management/internal marcom skills and deliverables to facilitate rapid deployment of time sensitive information (i.e. timeline changes, issue resolution, etc.) across engineering, development and executive teams
Global Marketing Communications Program Manager/Producer
Microsoft Xbox / Filter Talent
2007 – 2008 (1 year) Redmond, WA
• Developed and steered increased Xbox LIVE consumer awareness and user participation by partnering with the technical design, production, content providers and third party agencies/vendors to insure successfully branded rollouts of over 20 game, music and film/TV service marketing campaigns
• Created all marketing content within lines of business for two domestic monthly online newsletters with subscription audience of 250K
• Produced creative and development vendor SOWs and PO while providing oversight and budgetary compliance for all deliverables
Global Marketing Communications Manager
Microsoft Global Art Compliance / Filter Talent
2007 – 2007 (less than a year) Redmond, WA
• Key responsibilities for the Microsoft account included developing a ground-up communications plan scalable for rollout to a diverse worldwide Microsoft team tasked with advancing quality product imaging/branding across all global products and their client base
• Co-developed and co-managed an intranet community redesign and refresh within first two months
• Managed and leveraged employee feedback data, content review, focus groups and event planning for team's first ever annual Global Summit
Strategic Marketing Communications Program Manager
Microsoft Trustworthy Computing / Filter Talent
2006 – 2007 (1 year) Redmond, WA
• Responsible for designing and delivering all on/offline communications programs and content aimed at expanding corporate tenet awareness/technical engagement for Microsoft worldwide
• Authored content and collateral for both internal/external websites and SharePoint sites
• Strategically mapped out new communication plans for FY07 including ongoing web content refreshes, online newsletter layout and delivery, event presence and related messaging
Partner Marketing Manager
Microsoft North American Partner Programs / Volt
2005 – 2006 (1 year) Redmond, WA
• Responsible for daily marketing operations/program support and guidance for US partner programs totaling over 72,000 members.
• Key marketing group contact for program initiative rollouts and project management, quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
• Vendor escalation point for all programmatic and initiative/project issues and questions.
Principal / Consultant
2002 – 2005 (3 years) Domestic US
• Provided marketing plans and project management/strategic guidance services for start-up companies seeking additional financing and investment through increased consumer awareness, exposure and market visibility
• Clients ranged from online retailers and game play companies to consumer service providers
• A+ average client follow-up rating with an increase in client base of 166% within 1st year
Category Program Manager
1999 – 2002 (3 years) Redmond, WA
• Strategically managed multiple enterprise vendors servicing internal corporate clients (then 40,000+ employees) while successfully overseeing $15 million budget, driving cost containment, increasing revenue, enhancing product offerings/service levels and improving QA and KPI’s.
• Created first ever business reporting and knowledge sharing architecture across five field sites, resulting in 100% accuracy in weekly operating reports.
• Acting as Product Manager for lines of business “owned”, successfully set vision and managed multiple business-specific marketing communication channels (including websites, email aliases, videos, and surveys) - as well as all vendor presence at various internal/external events.
• Defined, managed and reported to executive management 9 quarterly business performance reviews with cost reductions to businesses managed totaling $2 million
Lead Marketing Communications Program Manager
1998 – 1999 (1 year) Redmond, WA
• Managed IT Marketing Communications’ team including the oversight of all daily operations and strategic communications evangelizing IT related product and service rollouts
• Promoted IT services worldwide by deploying more than 80 paper/online articles for corporate wide weekly publication and supervised ongoing IT content for trade publications, web site content and other internal/external communication channels
• Defined and shared first-ever IT-specific communication policy and best-practices with corporate stakeholders/decision makers
• Negotiated win-win opportunities with IT and Business IT teams to identify, participate in and deliver on all business critical communications for aimed at maximizing corporate IT expenditures for internal audience and new product/service enhancements for external Enterprise customers.
Marketing Manager / Producer
1994 – 1999 (5 years) Redmond, WA
• Implemented various MSN membership acquisition/retention merchandising programs (web-based cross-promotions, POP vehicles, banner ads, etc.) by collaborating with MSN marketing managers/ad agencies and retail partners to define creative and technical needs/scope while insuring efficient production cycle
• Launched first-ever MSN-DreamWorks co-marketing gaming site for feature film/merchandising releases. Membership renewal rate attributable to managed programs – 34%
Sales / Account Executive
1993 – 1994 (1 year) Seattle, WA
• Managed assigned clientele marketing collateral with a focus on video productions and presentation material
Story Editor / Development Manager
Columbia Pictures, Dick Clark Prods., Imagine Entertainment, Turner Network Television & others
1986 – 1993 (7 years) Los Angeles, CA
• Managed full range of TV and motion picture project development through pre-production stage for TV/film, companies and major studios
• Worked closely with traditional and cable networks, writers, agents and talent in aligning audience profiles with production-ready material
• Analyzed over 500 scripts and other source material for option/buy-out potential and production viability. Assessed deal terms. Drove network pitches for TV project placement.
California University Los Angeles Graduate School (coursework)
Post graduate coursework, Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Activities and Societies: Microsoft Alumni Association
San Francisco State University
Bachelor of Arts, Communications
Field and in studio production work including directing, reporting, writing, editing, audio engineering, lighting engineering and program marketing
Activities and Societies: Theatre minor with stage production work including lighting, production management, performance and audio engineering
San Francisco State University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communications